- When attaching to wood floors, the mounting plate for the Suspend-It Seating Table Frame is designed to span three 16" on center floor joists. The mounting plate must be anchored securely to the floor joists with lag bolts. Typically, the subflooring is cut to the size and shape of the mounting plate and removed. This will allow the Suspend-It Seating Mounting Plate to rest directly on the joists.
- In some cases, it is suitable to mount the plate on top of the subfloor. In all instances, the lag bolts must go securely into the floor joists.
- Mounting the plate to a cement floor may be accomplished by drilling holes in the cement floor and using concrete anchors to fasten the mounting plate to the floor.
- Alternatively, you may order the table frame with a longer mounting post - eliminating the mounting plate. The concrete floor can be core drilled to fit the post. The post can then be cemented directly into the floor.
- When installing your Suspend-It Seating table frame, you should consult a qualified contractor for specific advice relating to your particular type of floor joist system.
- The mounting plate is made using 2’ x 2’ x 1/2" thick steel plate. The head of a lag bolt, together with a washer, makes the overall thickness of the steel suspended seating table mounting plate 3/4".
- The table sleeve of the Suspend-It Seating mounting plate is most generally welded to the center of the mounting plate.
- The table sleeve may be welded onto the mounting plate as much as 4" off center. This may help to accommodate special positioning such as centering the table under a light fixture.
- Table tops should be ordered at the local counter top supplier of your choice.
- The professionals at Suspend-It Seating will be happy to work with your table top supplier to be certain that your table top will fit and secure properly on the Table Frame.
- Table tops can be made using most any popular material.
- It is recommended that additional blocking be placed between the floor joists under and around the mounting plate. When installing your Suspend-It Seating table frame, you should consult a qualified contractor for specific advice relating to your particular type of floor joist system.
- The mounting plate is typically recessed into the sub-floor. This will allow the finished floor to cover and conceal the mounting plate. When this is not possible, the mounting plate may be covered with any desired material that will match your kitchen floor.
- Post shims are provided that may be inserted into the table sleeve. These shims will allow height adjustments to be made to the finished height of the table top in order to achieve the desired table to floor distance.